- We will rise above the competition!
- Team Meeting coming soon to show how we will have to step up our game in the coming weeks.
For those who may need it. Help?Read more >
Read more >
Assignment Date to upload Date Due
Payload Concept Review 4/14/14 4/16/14
Payload Concept Proposal 4/18/14 4/22/14
CEA Poster 4/23/14 4/25/14
Upload Datafiles for CEA Data 4/30/14 5/2/14
Upload Final Review Presentation 4/30/14 5/2/14
The Actual Final Review to Nasa We should be ready with already printed materials (10 Copies) by 5/2/14 5/6/14
CEA Review Table Presentation We should be ready with all CEA Materials, nothing should require to be plugged into an outlet by 5/2/14 5/6/14
Read more >
IMPORTANT: With all questions, be able to answer: Why?
1. What vehicle are you on? Lander, because all of our information collecting will be on the ground with soil analysis.
2. What are the initial conditions? 462 degrees Celsius and 90 atmospheres
a. If on the orbiter, what is your orbital velocity? Do you deorbit? N/A
b. If on the balloon, is the balloon moving? N/A
c. If on the lander, do you deploy during descent or after landing? If during descent, what is your initial velocity? We will deploy after landing to reduce the impact.
1. How do you deploy? Describe. We deploy out of the robot by hovering to the surface.
a. What do you use to propel you? We will use …Read more >
- Mole Finder
- It would act as a subsurface explorer that would take moisture and temperature readings to determine if liquid ground water was under the surface of Venus and if life could exist under Venus's surface.
- It would have two cameras, one normal, and one thermal for filming underground.
Science Traceability Matrix (Draft)
Science Objective Measurement Objective Measurement Requirements (Location, Duration, Position, etc) Instrument
Soil Analysis Soil Temperature Near Equator/
1 1/2 minutesThermometer
Soil Analysis Terrain Mapping Near Equator
One WeekThermal Camera
Soil Analysis Soil Moisture Near Equator
30 secondsMoisture Sensor
Soil Analysis Picture clarity
One WeekHeat Resistant…
Read more >
- What is the range of satellite signals to and from the payload?
- How do we order materials?
- How do we uplink to the NASA satellite system?
- What type of heat resistant camera should we use?
- What is our communication range?
- When will we be able to upload, the Uploads page currently does not show "Sparkman" as a school selection?
- Do we have a limit on the amount of power our payload can use, what are general notes about power usage for the payload on and off the UAH spacecraft?